Made in a gallon ice cream freezer, this ice cream is fruity and creamy, and can be made in an hour - start to finish.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk, or as needed
Puree peaches with the sugar and half-and-half in batches in a blender or food processor.
In a gallon ice cream freezer container, mix together the peach mixture, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Pour in enough whole milk to fill the container to the fill line, about 2 cups.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions to freeze the ice cream.
You can make this ice cream a little sweeter by adding up to 1/2 cup more sugar.
Cooling the container first will help the ice cream harden faster.
Get out your ice cream maker and we'll let you in on some of the secrets of sweet success with homemade ice cream.