A rather rich soup, but very delicious. It contains three types of cheese - Cheddar, Swiss, and processed cheese food.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dry potato flakes
In a large stock pot, combine water, chicken broth, chicken soup base, black pepper, carrots, diced potatoes, and onions. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add celery and red bell pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Gradually add mayonnaise to hot soup, whisking until smooth. Reduce heat to medium low. Gradually stir in processed cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese, and Swiss cheese; continue stirring until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Mix in potato flakes. Remove from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.