This old fashioned giblet turkey gravy recipe is very easy to prepare.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons turkey drippings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups turkey stock
- 1/4 cup cooked turkey giblets, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Heat pan drippings in a large skillet over medium heat; gradually add flour and stir until golden brown.
Slowly whisk in turkey stock until blended and smooth. Stir in giblets, and season with sage, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.