This exotic stew steeps chicken, potatoes and carrots in a pungent ginger wine sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 small red potatoes
- 6 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, washed and trimmed (optional)
Process garlic, chopped carrot, white wine, ginger, and 1 1/2 cups olive oil in food processor. Reserve.
Heat 1/4 cup oil in a Dutch oven pan. Brown chicken, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 20 to 30 minutes (depending upon size of chicken pieces).
Add potatoes, carrot chunks, onions, and ginger vermouth sauce. Cover, and cook until vegetables are done but not mushy. If you use fresh string beans, add only during last 5 to 6 minutes of cooking. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.