Spicy gingersnaps and sweet, juicy pears combine to make a terrific, light dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 medium pear, peeled, halved, and cored
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons crushed gingersnaps
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon margarine or butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the pear halves, cut side up, in a baking dish. Drizzle the orange juice over the pears. In a small bowl, combine the gingersnaps, walnuts, and the margarine or butter. Sprinkle over the pears. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
This recipe is optimal for Phase 3 of the South Beach Diet.