These use fresh ginger and candied ginger.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream the butter and the brown sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and eggs and mix well.
Combine flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Blend in fresh and candied ginger. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.