This is a tasty stir-fry mixture of turkey, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms with a honey ginger sauce that's served over cracked wheat bulgar. It's unusual, but undeniably good!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cracked wheat bulgar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled, diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound turkey breast, cut into strips
In a medium saucepan, pour boiling water over bulgar and let stand for 1 hour; drain and set aside.
In a small bowl mix together 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Dissolve cornstarch in mixture and set aside.
Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry carrots for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Add broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts and stir-fry for about 2 minutes more. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
Stir-fry turkey strips in same pan until lightly browned. Add the reserved ginger sauce and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent. Return reserved vegetable mixture to pan and heat through. Serve all over bulgar.