This dish combines turkey and red potatoes with the beautiful colors and complementary flavors of green onion, ginger, Roma tomatoes, chick peas and cilantro.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound turkey cutlets cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 roma (plum) tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In small bowl, combine turkey strips, green onions, ginger, cumin, coriander, pepper and salt. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes or until just tender; drain.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil; add turkey strips; saute for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
Toss in potatoes, chick peas, tomatoes and cilantro; heat for about 1 minute and serve.