The flavors of ginger and pumpkin mingle beautifully and the gingersnap cookie crust in this recipe adds a delightful crunch. This pie 's crust is filled to the brim with a sweet, spicy pumpkin mixture, and then baked for an hour and chilled. Serve with w
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter in a 9 inch pie pan. Press into sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, eggs, and milk. Blend with wire whisk until combined.
Pour into crust. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. Let cool. Refrigerate to chill.