Diced turkey, tart green apples, crunchy celery, sweet apricot bits, and chopped cashews blend beautifully in this tasty turkey salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey
- 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, toss together the turkey, apple, celery, apricot and cashew pieces. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, apricot preserves, nutmeg, ginger and pepper. Spoon over the salad mixture and fold dressing in until well-blended. Serve over a bed of lettuce in a tortilla wrap or pita pocket.