HONORABLE MENTION WINNER: 2002 Hershey's 'I Resolve to Eat More Chocolate' Recipe Contest. A delightful treat that can be made ahead of time for gift giving. A sure hit with a touch of raspberry flavoring that mellows with age!
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 cups HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY®'S Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 2/3 cups HERSHEY®'S Raspberry Chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur OR 1 teaspoon raspberry candy flavoring
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream, or as needed
- Coatings (powdered sugar, cocoa, toasted coconut or chopped nuts)
Place chocolate chips, raspberry chips and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in jam, liqueur and 4 tablespoons whipping cream. If necessary, add additional whipping cream, one half teaspoon at a time, until mixture is well blended and smooth.
Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight until chocolate mixture is firm enough to handle. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls; while still tacky roll in your choice of coating. Place coated truffle on cookie sheet to set. Refrigerate several hours or until completely cold; transfer to airtight container. Store in cool, dry place. Candy flavor is best after storing for about 1 week. Truffles also freeze well.