Goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers adorn these quick and easy appetizer pizzas. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar and some fresh basil top them off to make these an outstanding choice for any formal or casual gathering.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (11 ounce) log goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, drained
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Separate the pita breads by cutting around the outer edge, and carefully prying the halves apart to make two rounds out of each one.
Place the separated pita rounds onto cookie sheets. Generously sprinkle goat cheese, roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes onto each one.
Bake the pizzas for 16 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust is crisp. As soon as the pizzas come out of the oven, sprinkle with torn basil, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut into quarters, and serve hot or warm.