This homemade pizza substitutes goat cheese for mozzarella. You can use the sauce recipe, or use store-bought sauce to make it easier. You can always add any other ingredients - artichoke hearts make a great addition!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 2 (6.5 ounce) packages dry pizza crust mix
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In small saucepan, mix tomato paste with water and oil, and stir in chopped tomato. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and ground pepper. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix pizza dough according to directions on box. Spread onto a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. When sauce is done, spread over crust. Arrange sliced tomatoes over sauce, and top with small chunks of goat cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.