Chili powder gives heat and color to chicken and onion baked in orange juice.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch wide slices
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, parsley, salt, and chili powder.
Heat oil until hot in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until browned on all sides. Remove excess fat from skillet.
Add sliced onions and orange juice mixture to chicken in skillet. Heat to boiling, and then reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Stir occasionally.