Onions have a natural sweetness, but new varieties, like Maui, Vidalia and Texas Sweet, are super sweet and super delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (12 inch) prebaked pizza shell
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add onions and bouillon granules and cook slowly over low heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 15 minutes. Spread the crust with the shredded mozzarella cheese and top with the onions. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese and walnuts evenly over the onions. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.