These yummy pumpkin bars have a golden cakey crust. Great for dessert or even a snack.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Reserve 1/2 cup dry cake mix.
In large mixing bowl, combine remaining cake mix, oil and 1 egg; beat until crumbly. Stir in nuts if desired. Press firmly on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. In same bowl, combine 1/2 cup reserved cake mix and remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over prepared crust.
Bake 50 minutes or until set. Cool. Cut into bars. Garnish as desired. Store tightly covered.