A spinach salad with mangos, that 's what we call really special. And the ground pepper in the vinegar and oil dressing really makes the mango flavor pop.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 10 ounces fresh spinach - trimmed, washed and dried
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch white sugar
In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mango, avocado, tomato, onion and mushrooms.
Prepare the dressing in a jar by combining the oil, vinegar, pepper and sugar. Seal, shake well, and pour over salad. Toss and serve.