Brown sugar enhances the flavors of spicy seasonings, and makes these burger patties a cookout champion!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
In a medium bowl, mix ground chuck, onion, brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, steak sauce, and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Form the mixture into four burger patties.
On the prepared grill, cook the burgers 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.