The distinctive flavor of Gorgonzola cheese asserts itself boldly in a creamy dressing tossed with leaf lettuce, walnuts, and diced avocado.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, cored and shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
Place the Gorgonzola cheese, oregano, garlic, tarragon, basil, olive oil, milk, and vinegar in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, toss the Gorgonzola dressing with lettuce, avocado, and walnuts.