Lindsay® Colossal Black Ripe Pitted Olives are stuffed with a cheesy blend of flavors.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 ounces light or regular cream cheese (do not use fat free)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto or sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5.75 ounce) cans Lindsay® Colossal Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained
In bowl of food processor, combine cream cheese, Gorgonzola, pesto, basil, salt and pepper; process until well combined. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart zip top plastic food storage bag. At this point, bag may be refrigerated up to 2 days.
To serve, cut a tiny end off food storage bag (no larger than 1/4 inch width). Place corner of bag as deep as possible inside each olive, gently squeeze bag filling olive and letting a small amount of mixture mound out of the top of the olive. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours before serving.
Arrange stuffed olives on a bed of red leaf lettuce or mesclun salad greens and garnish with basil sprigs.