The combination of green olives, almonds and capers in addition to the usual ingredients in tuna salad makes this recipe exceptionally good.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, green onions, celery, green olives, capers and almonds.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce.
Blend together dressing and tuna mixture. Serve on bed of lettuce or with croissant as a tuna salad sandwich.