Made with low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream, and served on whole wheat bread, this is a sandwich that is both tasty and nutritious. The combination of green olives, almonds and capers in addition to the usual ingredients in tuna salad makes this recipe e
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce - rinsed
In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, green onions, celery, green olives, capers and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; mix into tuna.
Serve between slices of bread with lettuce.
The original recipe, Gourmet Tuna Salad, was submitted by Patricia Jones, and contains 406 calories, 33.2 g fat, 58 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 4.4 g carbohydrates, 1.4 g fiber, and 22.9 g protein.