Frozen veggies, canned soup and prepackaged pie crust combine with boiled chicken meat to make this one a breeze to prepare.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
In a large heavy pot, place chicken and water to cover. Bring to a boil and let simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, adding water as needed. When chicken is boiled and tender, pick all the meat off of the bones.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Open 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and pour into a small saucepan. Add frozen peas and carrots, water and chicken bouillon to taste. Simmer all together until the soup is smooth. Add chicken meat and mix all together.
Pour chicken and soup mixture into one pie crust and cover with the other crust. Seal the edges and cut a small steam hole in the top crust. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is brown. Yummy!