This is so easy and delicious. Apples are cooked in orange juice, spiced with cinnamon, and spooned over ice cream. Great for your holiday dinner parties.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup brandy-based orange liqueur (Grand Marnier®)
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 4 chocolate wafer cookies
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, apples and cinnamon. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until tender.
Scoop ice cream into serving dishes. Spoon apples over ice cream, and drizzle with Grand Marnier and amaretto liqueur. Garnish with a chocolate wafer stuck in the ice cream.