This one has been passed down for generations! Tender squash is baked with a variety of sumptuous flavors to create a veritable cornucopia of delight.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 pounds yellow squash, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add squash and onion; cook until tender but still firm. Drain.
In a large bowl, mix the squash, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, grated carrots, Cheddar cheese, pimento peppers, salt and pepper.
Pour mixture into a medium baking dish and sprinkle the top with the Italian-style salad dressing mix.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.