There 's lots of melted marshmallows, whipped cream, evaporated milk, cr Eme de cacao and cr Eme de menthe in this luscious pie. The filling is piled into a chocolate cookie crust and chilled overnight. Garnish with crushed peppermint cookies -if you dare
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 32 large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 1/4 cup white creme de cacao
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/8 cup grated semisweet chocolate (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint hard candies (optional)
In a large saucepan combine evaporated milk and marshmallows. Stir over low heat until marshmallows are completely melted. Chill until mixture holds its shape when dropped from a spoon.
Slowly pour creme de menthe and creme de cacao into marshmallow mixture while stirring constantly. Continue to stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Pour whipping cream into a large chilled mixing bowl. Add a few drops of green food coloring if desired. Whip cream until stiff. Gently fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture.
Spread mixture into pie crust. Chill overnight before serving. Garnish each slice with shaved chocolate and crushed peppermint if desired. Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.