A Greek influenced spin on the great American classic grilled cheese. Simple, easy and soooo scrumptious. Great with pita chips and hummus. Add bell pepper, or substitute your favorite bread or cheese. These are also delicious cooked on a panini grill.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, or your favorite bread
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 tomato, thinly sliced
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. On the non buttered side of one slice, layer the feta cheese, Cheddar cheese, red onion and tomato. Top with the other slice of bread with the butter side out.
Fry the sandwich until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side. The second side always cooks faster.