Brown lentils with chopped fresh cucumber, tomato, red onion, and crumbled feta cheese with Greek salad dressing, or dressing of your choice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans brown lentils
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 (16 ounce) bottle Greek, or other vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
Strain lentils and place in a large bowl. Pour in 1/2 of the salad dressing, and stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator while preparing other vegetables. Add feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Stir in remaining dressing when ready to serve. May be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.