Feta and mayonnaise are blended together to make the creamy dressing for this Greek salad. And there are peas tucked here and there, and lovely slices of grilled chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- 6 ounces marinated chicken
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade and drain. Place on hot grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
In a large bowl, combine Romaine, celery, onion, peas, tomatoes and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.
In a food processor, add the crumbled feta and mayonnaise. Blend until smooth.
Place the tossed salad on a dinner plate and top with the feta mixture and grilled chicken or beef.