A classic. Tomatoes, olives, feta, peppers, onions and cucumbers, all sliced, chopped and waiting to be tossed with a great dressing. This recipe has one - red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and herbs. Toss and enjoy.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 ounces tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion and olives.
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Let sit for 1 hour, occasionally stirring to blend flavors.
Pour dressing over salad, add feta cheese and toss before serving.