Here is a recipe you'll love for its simplicity and wonderful flavor! Layers of cucumber, tomato, red onion, and green pepper are sprinkled with kalamata olives, feta cheese and oregano, then drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup whole, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, layer cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, then drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.