This salad has crunchy green beans and creamy blue cheese and is full of flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, blue cheese, and pecans. Stir in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least an hour before serving.