A great marinade and an overnight in the fridge make all the difference for this green been and corn salad. It 's simple to make and goes with grilled chicken, beef or pork beautifully. Serves eight.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and water. Pour over vegetables, and stir to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.