This super-green salad has lots of antioxidants, including lutein, beta carotene and vitamin C, and it's a delicious way to help you rack up the seven to nine daily servings of fruits and vegetables recommended for adults.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cooked al dente and cut in half
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
In a medium-size bowl, combine greens, beans and cheese. Add oil, vinegar, juice, fennel seeds, salt and pepper; toss. Sprinkle with dried cranberries, if desired.