Green beans and potatoes are a perfect combination! This recipe brings them together with thyme, vegetarian Worcestershire and parsley.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet over medium-high heat combine potatoes, green beans, thyme, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and 3/4 cup of broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl blend remaining broth and cornstarch. Stir in parsley; add to potato mixture. Cook, stirring, until bubbly and thickened.