Fresh green beans are covered in an olive oil, green onion and herb dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
In a medium bowl, mix green onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, white sugar, mustard, basil, oregano, marjoram and pepper.
Place green beans in a steaming basket. Steam in a medium saucepan over boiling water 5 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Place green beans in a medium serving dish. Pour dressing mixture over the beans.