A savory breakfast puff with Cheddar, Monterey Jack and cottage cheeses, flavored with green onions and chilies.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch casserole dish.
Sift together flour, baking powder and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat eggs well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Blend in cheeses, green onions, chilies and butter. Pour batter into prepared casserole dish.
Bake in preheated oven until firm and a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean, about 35 to 45 minutes.