Corn adds a sweet crunch to this hearty beef and vegetable soup. Canned veggies make it a breeze to throw together.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups water
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the ground beef, onion, and garlic in a deep skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until beef is evenly browned and onion is tender. Drain grease. Mix in green chiles. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, and potatoes. Pour in water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.