This is my own recipe for green Thai curry. It's full of flavor, and it will warm you from the inside out. Special, elegant, and absolutely delicious. Watch out! This can be spicy. You'll be patting yourself on the back after this one. So will everyone el
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 stalks lemon grass
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, torn
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the shallots, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil 3 to 4 minutes, until shallots are tender. Mix in the green curry paste. Cook and stir 1 minute. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and place the chicken and lemon grass in the skillet. Cook 5 minutes, until chicken begins to brown. Mix in the baby corn and water chestnuts. Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Mix the coconut milk into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the coconut milk has thickened. Top with basil leaves to serve.