The sweet, tart flavor of papaya is the star in this combination of ingredients that are mashed together into a chunky, pulpy mixture, and topped with peanuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 fresh green chile peppers
- 6 green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large unripe papaya, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 tomato, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
In a blender or food processor, coarsely chop the garlic, chile peppers, and green beans. Mix in the papaya, and process into small chunks. Mix in the tomato, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Process the mixture until soft and slightly chunky. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the peanuts. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.