This unique dish is a crowd pleaser for any festivity!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts, divided
- 1 (17 ounce) can Oregon Kadota figs
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups soft lettuce (Boston, Bibb or mixed baby greens)
In small bowl, mix mascarpone cheese with 1/4 cup of the walnuts.
Remove 8 figs from can. Stand figs upright with stem ends up and with sharp knife, quarter each fig, but do not cut through to the bottom. Gently stuff center of each fig with 1 teaspoon mascarpone mixture.
For Dressing: In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, curry, and chives. Slowly whisk in oil and add salt to taste.
When ready to serve salad, toss lettuce with dressing and arrange equal portions on 4 salad plates. Garnish each salad with 2 stuffed figs. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Try These Other Recipes To Complement Your Meal:
Zucchini, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna