This is a simple and sweet version of the classic green tomato pie. Lots of sugar, spices, and a smidgen of flour are sprinkled over sliced green tomatoes. Then they 're tumbled into a pastry shell, topped with a round of pastry, and the pie is baked unti
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 cups sliced green tomatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Sprinkle over sliced tomatoes, coating them. Pour into pastry lined dish. Dot with butter or margarine. Cover with second crust, fluting edges. Cut three or four slits in top to allow steam to escape.
Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.