Tastes like the best apple pie you have ever had. Make people guess what it is, they will want another slice.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place diced green tomatoes and vinegar in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and flour. Sprinkle over tomatoes and toss to coat evenly.
Pour into pie crust and cover with criss-cross lattice crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes, until bubbly and crust is brown.