Wasabi powder and sesame oil add an Asian flair to this grilled asparagus recipe created by Chef Chris Schlesinger of The East Coast Grill in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Serve the asparagus on a bed of Napa cabbage.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Wasabi Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 30 medium asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, sugar, wasabi powder and ginger.
Pour sesame oil into a shallow dish and add the asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper. Roll asparagus in oil to coat. Grill asparagus over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, or until crisp tender.
Place shredded cabbage on a serving platter. Arrange grilled asparagus on top, and pour dressing over asparagus and cabbage.