This spicy grilled chicken sports a cooling cucumber relish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
In a medium bowl, prepare the relish by mixing together the cucumber, parsley, chopped onion, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the cumin and chili powder with the olive oil. Rub the mixture onto the chicken, and place in a shallow dish. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Prepare the grill for medium heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Serve with cucumber relish.