A garlic and mango salsa tops grilled chicken breasts in this recipe for the perfect barbequed meal!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Rub chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared grill. Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat, set aside, and keep warm.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Mix in ginger and mangos, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until mangos are tender. Pour in the cider vinegar and white wine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro, and remove from heat. Spoon over the grilled chicken to serve.
Approximate Grilling Times for Chicken and Poultry