If you like Italian, than this dish is for you! Grilled Fillet Cacciatore is bursting with delectable vegetables and flavors. Plus, it's low in fat and very high in protein. No guilt here!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 Gorton's® Grilled Fillets (Garlic butter or Italian Herb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 32 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 3 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes or 1 cup chopped firm-ripe tomatoes
Place Grilled Fillets, tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, saute peppers and onions in a small amount of oil until tender, adding mushrooms just before done. Add vegetables to fish and tomato mixture.
Cook 5-10 minutes. Serve with pasta.