A Gorton's Favorite! Filled with veggies, rice, spices and Gorton's Grilled Fillets, this low-fat, high-protein meal will satisfy your taste for the South.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (7.6 ounce) packages Gorton's® Cajun Grilled Fillets
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups cooked rice to serve
In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add frozen Grilled Fillets, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and seasonings.
Cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
Uncover and break fish into chunks. Just before serving, mix in the green onions. Serve over the rice.