Perfect for a light meal or when it's too warm outside to serve something hot. This pasta salad is filled with a delicious blend of flavors, including healthy Gorton's Grilled Fillets, feta cheese, and tons of tomatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (7.6 ounce) package Gorton's® Grilled Fillets (any flavor)
- 2 cups uncooked tomato sauce
- 4 ounces Bow Tie (Farfelle) pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- Uncooked Tomato Sauce:
- 1 pound canned diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Prepare uncooked tomato sauce. (see below) Cook pasta, drain, toss with olive oil, cool. Cook Grilled Fillets according to directions on package. In large bowl, combine sauce, pasta, feta cheese; toss gently. Cut Grilled Fillets into pieces and place on salad.
To prepare Uncooked Tomato Sauce: Combine all ingredients in glass bowl. Cover: let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before tossing with pasta.