This recipe is courtesy of Chef Eddie Matney, Eddie Matney's Restaurant, Phoenix, Arizona. Fresh peaches are the main attraction of this spicy original. Served over grilled ham steak, it makes a sensational summer meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 Cook's® brand Bone-In Thick Cut Ham Steak
- PEACH FRESCA:
- 6 ripe peaches, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, diced and seeded
- Pinch Chinese Five Spice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare charcoal or gas grill. Combine ingredients for the peach fresca in a bowl and mix well, set aside. Place ham steaks on grill over medium heat. Heat according to package instructions.
Place ham steak on platter and pour peach fresca over ham steak.